Dedicated to supporting the development of robotic 3D printed objects
Current electronic microcontroller board solutions simply do not factor in the ten of hours required to print even the simplest robot. Our Micro-footprint 35 x 69 mm (1.38 x 1.73 inches) all-in-one Arduino compatible microcontroller board means moveable 3D objects can finally be designed and printed.
The 3DoT Robotics board integrates everything you need to autonomously or remotely operate your own 3D printed thing.
- Arduino Leonardo based microcontroller unit (MCU)
- FREE Android and Apple iOS application software
- Pre-installed Arduino program – fully customizable for your robot
- Integrated 3.7v Li-ion battery charger
- 5v Turbo Boost for driving DC motors
- TB6612FNG Dual DC Motor Driver
- Battery Level Sensor Circuit
- Both Android and iOS Bluetooth Modules available (purchased separately)
- Powered from a single CR123A 650mA rechargeable Li-ion battery (not included) with PTC protection, or bring-your-own Li-Ion battery (SparkFun compatible connector provided).
- 8 MIPS (Millions of Instructions Per Second) 2-Stage Pipelined AVR RISC Architecture
Input/output Soldering Ports
- I2C soldering port compatible with SparkFun 9DOF Sensor Stick
- Two 3.7v Micro and Ultra-Micro Servo ports
- 10 Digital I/O ports and 4 Analog ports (of the Digital I/O ports)
- All digital logic powered from Low Dropout (LDO) 3.3v regulator with power and ground output ports provided.
- Breadboard area
The brain of the 3DoT robotics microcontroller board is the ATmega32u4, the same processor used in the Arduino Leonardo. Programming the robot is similar to the process with the Arduino Leonardo. Both processors have built-in USB communication, eliminating the need for a secondary processor. During programming and debugging, this allows the Robot to appear to your computer as a virtual (CDC) serial / COM port, while simultaneously communicating with your smart device over BlueTooth.